LEADELL law offices LEADELL Pilv Advokaadibüroo AS in Estonia, LEADELL Vītols ZAB SIA in Latvia and LEADELL Balčiūnas & Grajauskas in Lithuania (LEADELL, we, our, us) are committed to safeguarding your privacy and respecting your rights. Therefore, this privacy notice (Privacy Notice) clearly and transparently explains how we collect, use and store your personal data.
We process personal data under Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the applicable national data protection laws in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Privacy Notice and for the purposes for which it was collected.
Privacy Notice applies to personal data collected and processed when you use our websites https://leadell.com/, https://leadell.ee/, https://www.leadell.lv/, https://leadell.lt/ (Websites), request or use our services, as well as, when you interact with us in any other way, e.g., via social media platforms. This notice does not apply when individuals are browsing other companies’ websites or using third-party services through LEADELL’s network.
References to “personal data” means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Different pieces of information, collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitutes personal data (Personal Data).
Unless otherwise stated in Privacy Notice, or pursuant to the factual circumstances, LEADELL law office with which you interact with, incl., which provides legal services, acts as a controller of your Personal Data:
- LEADELL Pilv Advokaadibüroo AS, Estonian limited liability company with register number 10361578, address Maakri 19/1, P.O. Box 19, 10145 Tallinn, Estonia, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +372 619 1630 (LEADELL Pilv);
- LEADELL Vītols ZAB SIA, Latvian limited liability company with register number 40203353607, address Blaumaņa 5A – 40, Riga, LV-1011, Latvia, e-mail email@example.com, phone + 371 67844977 (LEADELL Vītols);
- LEADELL Balčiūnas ir Grajauskas advokatų kontora, Lithuanian law office, address A.Tumėno str. 4, LT-01109 Vilnius, Lithuania, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +370 5248 7467 (LEADELL Balčiūnas ir Grajauskas).
Data controllers of Websites are as follows:
- https://leadell.ee/ – LEADELL Pilv;
- https://www.leadell.lv/ – LEADELL Vītols;
- https://leadell.lt/ – LEADELL Balčiūnas ir Grajauskas.
- https://leadell.com/ – we act as joint controllers, accordingly, you may exercise any of the rights stipulated further below against any of the LEADELL law offices.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
LEADELL processes your Personal Data based on:
- your consent and/or
- legal agreement between us and/or
- legal obligation to which we are subject to and/or
- where we perform a task in the public interest and/or
- where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We apply appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect information about you against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
We are committed to safeguarding children’s privacy. Therefore, LEADELL does not collect data from individuals under the age of 13 (Child), except within the scope of the provision of legal services, whereby a parent or guardian is representing the Child. Websites are not designed for or intentionally targeted at Children.
Personal Data Collected and Collection Purposes
LEADELL may process the following Personal Data for the following purposes and under specified legal backgrounds:
We process Personal Data and requests you make to the server (IP address, page requested, operating system, referring page, date and time of access). Personal Data is used in our legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud, unauthorized system access and ensuring the security of the system.
We process Personal Data through cookies (IP address, operating system, browser type, geographical location) to improve the quality of your browsing experience and obtain information about the use of Websites. Some of the Personal Data is processed in our legitimate interest in ensuring the technical functionality of the website, while other processing is based on your consent when cookies are used for statistical purposes. See more in section Cookies below.
We process Personal Data (name, email, subject of inquiry) entered into the “Contact us” form of our Websites. Personal Data is provided to us based on a freely given consent, while further processing is based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling your request.
We process Personal Data (name, surname, email, phone, CV and motivational letter) of job candidates who sent their applications to us. Personal Data is provided to us based on a freely given consent, while further processing is based on our legitimate interests in reviewing your application and fulfilling your request.
Newsletters and events
We process Personal Data (name, surname, email, phone and other necessary information) when you subscribe to our newsletter or register for our seminar or another event. Personal Data is provided to us based on a freely given consent, while further processing is based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling your request.
Provision of legal services to clients
We process Personal Data (identification data, contact information, payment information, data related to the provision of legal services) in the course of providing legal services. Personal Data is processed based on our legal obligations under applicable laws, e.g., accounting, bar association requirements, legal agreement between us, for the performance of a task in the public interest and in our legitimate interests – e.g., to defend our legal rights.
Anti-money laundering (AML) and ‘Know your client’ (KYC) compliance
We process Personal Data (identification data, contact information, anti-money laundering and know your customer data, information on sanctions, information on the transaction) to verify the identity of the client and perform AML and KYC checks. Personal Data is processed based on our legal obligations under applicable laws, e.g., AML and Sanctions laws, and bar association requirements.
LEADELL business operation
We process Personal Data of our suppliers and business partners (identification data, contact information, bank information) to manage the relationship, contract and to receive services from our suppliers. Personal Data is processed based on legal agreement between us and our legitimate interests – e.g., to receive services or to defend our legal rights.
Personal Data Processing and Retention
LEADELL processes Personal Data in compliance with the applicable legislation and bar association regulations of the relevant jurisdiction. We retain Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are collected and processed for.
LEADELL stores and processes Personal Data as long as at least one of the following criteria is met:
- legal contract concluded with the client is valid;
- LEADELL or respective data subject can pursue their legitimate interests in accordance with the procedures set forth in legislation;
- LEADELL has a legal obligation to store data (for example, according to the legislation regulating accounting, AML compliance, bar association rules, etc.);
- consent to data processing is valid (applies only to cases where we process data under consent).
Personal Data processed for the purpose of direct marketing, incl., newsletters and events, is processed until you have unsubscribed or withdrawn your consent. Take notice that we will process your Personal Data after the cancelation of your consent if it is necessary for other legitimate purposes. Other Personal Data is processed for the period required under the legislation, rules of the respective bar associations and our legitimate interests.
We retain the Personal Data for a period required to comply with obligations deriving from applicable laws or if these data are necessary to resolve legal disputes (retention period). After the retention period, we will delete respective Personal Data.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. More information about cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
Depending on the domain, LEADELL may use the following categories of cookies:
- necessary: necessary for website to ensure its functionality, for the user to browse the website and use it and its functions, essential for a website to function;
- performance: designed to remember what websites visitors were interested in and to use the websites efficiently, not essential for the site to function, but add functionality and improve the operations of the site;
- analytical and statistical: allow LEADELL to recognize and count the number of visitors to the Websites, to see how visitors move around the Websites, and record which content viewers view and are interested in, this helps us to improve the service which we offer to you by helping us make sure our users are finding the information they are looking for, by providing anonymized demographic data to third parties in order to target advertising more appropriately to visitors, and by tracking the success of advertising campaigns on our Websites;
- targeting and advertising: are used to deliver adverts and communications more relevant to you and your interests, as well as to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign, usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission.
Cookies used by LEADELL:
|rc::a||www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Cookie used to distinguish between humans and bots||Persistent|
|rc::c||www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Cookie used to distinguish between humans and bots||Expires after session|
|www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Cookie designating country code based on IP address||Expires after session|
|lang||www.linkedin.com, www.ads.linkedin.com||LinkedIn cookie storing language preferences||Expires after session|
|Analytics and Statistical cookies|
|_ga||www.leadell.com, www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Google Analytics analytical cookie used to collect information about how users use the site||Expires after two years|
|_gat||www.leadell.com, www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Google Analytics analytical cookie used to limit the number of requests||Expires after one day|
|_gid||www.leadell.com, www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Google Analytics analytical cookie used to distinguish users||Expires after one day|
|_utm.gif||www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Google Analytics analytical cookie used to collect information about browser and computer||Expires after session|
|_utma||www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Google Analytics analytical cookie used to collect number of times a user visits the website||Expires after two years|
|_utmb||www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Google Analytics analytical cookie used to calculate duration of website visit||Expires after one day|
|_utmc||www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Google Analytics analytical cookie used to calculate duration of website visit||Expires after session|
|_utmt||www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Cookie used to throttle speed of requests to the server||Expires after one day|
|_utmz||www.leadell.ee, www.leadell.lv, www.leadell.lt||Google Analytics analytical cookie used to collect data on where user came from, what search engine used and what links and search terms used||Expires after six months|
|www.linkedin.com||LinkedIn cookie synchronizing data with third-party analysis service||Expires after one month|
|Targeting and advertising cookies|
|www.linkedin.com||LinkedIn cookie preventing cross-site request forgery||Expires after one month|
|lidc||www.linkedin.com||LinkedIn cookie tracking use of embedded services||Expires after one day|
|bscookie||www.linkedin.com||LinkedIn cookie storing performed actions on website||Expires after two years|
|bcookie||www.linkedin.com||LinkedIn cookie tracking use of embedded services||Expires after two years|
|lang||www.linkedin.com||LinkedIn cookie to provide panel of “Follow us”||Expires after session|
|r/collect||www.doubleclick.net||Cookie sending data to Google Analytics about visitor’s device and behaviour on the website||Expires after session|
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/et/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
We will not disclose Personal Data to any third parties except (a) if required to do so under applicable laws; (b) to perform services to our clients; (c) to persons providing services to us (data processors) to the extent necessary for the provisions of such services to us and in accordance with the respective agreements between us and the service providers.
Certain Personal Data can be exchanged between LEADELL law offices in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania to ensure AML and KYC compliance and the provision of requested legal services, as well as to conduct conflict of interest check.
The Personal Data collected is mainly processed on servers within the European Union/European Economic Area. Where it is necessary to transfer Personal Data to countries outside the European Union, the requirements set forth under the respective European Union Commission’s standard contractual clauses are applicable, see more at: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32021D0914.
Your rights regarding your personal data include:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to automated individual decision-making;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- in cases where the processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent by contacting LEADELL.
When providing legal services to our clients, there may be circumstances where our statutory obligations, as well as the rules of the respective bar association of the jurisdiction, prohibit us from disclosing or erasing the data that we store and process. Moreover, such laws, regulations or rules may prevent you from exercising other data subject rights as well.
For further information and/or for exercising your rights, feel free to contact us by using the information in the Data Controllers section. The respective applications must be submitted to LEADELL in a format that can be reproduced in writing. It must also be possible to identify the person who submitted the request. In order to ensure data protection and properly exercise your rights, we have the right to ask you to provide proof of your identity.
Furthermore, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority at http://www.aki.ee/en (Estonia), http://www.dvi.gov.lv/en/ (Latvia), https://vdai.lrv.lt/ (Lithuania).
LEADELL keeps its Privacy Notice under regular review and places any updates on this web page. This Privacy Notice was last updated on __.__.2022.